Friday, June 4, 2010

Where are you going on vacation this summer?

Last year I thought it was so much fun to read about everyone's’ summer vacations on their blogs. It gave me lots of great ideas for future vacations to plan with my family.

I learned about the website, Home Away, that is super fun and easy to use to find vacation rental property all over the world.  I used it to find this home which I booked today for our family vacation in central Idaho. image

My family is full of outdoor enthusiasts (me included) who will enjoy the many activities near-by including: whitewater rafting, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, canoeing, fishing, horseback riding, and just hanging out together by the lake.

But I dog-eared this property for when I have a little bit bigger budget. OK a lot bigger budget!

image

It’s a classic “Something’s Gotta Give House” . Designed to look like the beautiful Hampton’s home that was featured in the movie, “Something’s Gotta Give”. I find it a little bit funny as I picture the architect, designer, and homeowner sitting down together pausing the DVD when a great shot of the home appears on screen.  Of course, we have all done that, right. image

And looking at luxury homes which have copied the movie set is getting as old as the blog posts about them. But alas…I thought I would share anyway. 

image

It really is a beautiful home and I could imagine having a great time on vacation here. I would never have to leave.

image This home is in Sun Valley, Idaho and boasts 10,000 square feet, 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. There is room for 15 of your favorite friends and family members. The rental fee is $15,000 a week or $30,000 a month. I loved this part “We supply Gilchrest & Soames Shampoos, Soaps, Lotions and Bath Salts from London for your pleasure and Sun Valley Robes for your comfort.” GOOD THING!!!

image

It sounds like the homeowners are gracious hosts! I cant wait to hear about your vacations this summer. Where are you going?

4 comments:

Maddy Joy said...

Hi Dear

Very nice post about bathrobes......................
Summer Robes

Unknown said...

I love HomeAway..it used to be called VRBO I think. We used it to find a wonderful condo on the beach here in California. We are staying near home..stay-cationing. 3 camping trips planned: one on the beach(Dana Point), one to Big Sur, and one in Santa Barbara, again at the beach. Mortgage and braces are putting a crimp in my Hawaii vacation dreams! Have a great summer! ann @ housefinally.blogpot

Lila said...

Is that in Donnelly? My family goes to McCall every year and this year, I swear we're going to that exact home! Crazy!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Unknown said...

So funny you posted this house. I've been drooling over it for a year now since I saw it on another vacation rental site. My family goes to Sun Valley every summer and I was looking for a cheaper option than what we normally do and came across that beauty. Obviously not a cheaper option but a girl can dream, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails