Monday, February 22, 2010

What is Slipcovered, Washable, and Fabulous?

Everything at Quatrine Home. (My four-year-old has recently been explaining things to me in riddles. It is so cute).

image

Photo: Beautiful Homes April 2006 -

On a recent trip, I finally got to go into a Quatrine Home store. My sister, who lives in Dallas, has been telling me about it forever and now I know why. All of their furniture is slipcovered and machine washable and really beautiful.  I know it seems that slipcovered furniture is always washable but it is not so. Many pieces are dry clean only.

quatrine

Some of my favorite pieces at Quatrine Home were the pillows;all covered in thick chunky linen with the most adorable ruffles in contrasting colors.

qu

I also loved the many cotton and linen fabrics that they pre-wash to make amazing slipcovers. The lavender cotton velvet was to die for.

 

image

Photo: Country Living

Their web-site doesn't do them justice. But check out their press section.  I found many familiar images from my inspiration files!  I can’t wait to get my hands on some of those fabrics!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that store! All the ruffles - i could eat them up.

Maria Killam said...

Slipcovers are a challenge for me, I need to find the right fabric I think! I got some linen slipcovers made for a client 5 years ago and they are now totally worn out at the arms. . . sigh. . . back on the hunt for new fabric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails